The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems. — Mohandas Gandhi
Not everyone can be Gandhi, but each of us has the power to make sure our own lives count – and it’s those millions of lives that will ultimately build a better world. – Jeffrey Skoll
Welcome to the Mulgrave’s Personal Learning Network (PLN) and the new Mulgrave eFolio (formerly the Portfolio), an experiential learning programme that engages the ‘whole student’ in the ‘whole world’ beyond the classroom.
This is your G7-10 MYP and G11-12 CAS eFolio blog template. The pages, posts, links, and guide presented are meant to get you oriented and started. Your Advisor/HRT and I (Head of Student Life, Antony Wilson) will also follow-up with you and provide the support you need to develop your eFolio and your blog.
Your eFolio blog will host all your programme profile (about me/autobiography), reflections (blog posts), and records (logs, media and accomplishments). It is an individual and collaborative workspace, a place for conversations and an avenue to celebrate and showcase your initiatives and achievements. To get started personalising and customising your new eFolio site, as well as planning your creativity, action and citizenship/service initiatives for the MYP and CAS programes, please visit the Mulgrave eFolio Guide (page tab located in the top left of your new blog). It will direct you to the links you need.
This front page will host your ongoing reflections, comments and posts. You will learn more about this through the eFolio Guide. Please delete this welcome post after finishing your site and eFolio expectations orientation.
No problem. If you need support in developing your eFolio blog and commitments, please refer to following resources:
- Mulgrave eFolio Guide: This is the best place to start. Try to figure things out on your own first, based on the information and guidance given by your teachers.
- The Mulgrave Citizen (formerly Student Announcements and Portfolio News): This new comprenhensive and multimedia blog will give you weekly postings on student activities, school events and opportunities for global citizenship including service and volunteering, leadership and community engagement, and social and environmental good. You can even sign up for email notices or connect through the RSS feed to Facebook, iGoogle and other feed readers.
- eFolio Programme Coordinator: Contact me. You can find me in my office 1019, classroom 1022 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Following: Find opportunities to get engaged posted on Twitter via @MulgraveSchool, @MulgraveCitizen or @ChangemakerNet or follow the hashtag #TMCitizen for posts specifically about acttivities you can join.
- Visit the eFolio Guide for more suggestions…
That’s enough to get you going. The eFolio should be a fun, enriching and rewarding way to explore, find or create your place in the world. Go play!
Head of Student Life | Global Education & Outreach