Hey @MulgraveSchool! Have fun at your camps this week #mulgraveoe #leadership
This week G7-11 head out on their outdoor education camps or leadership retreats As part of school start up for the 2018–2019 year. Have a safe and amazing experience!

Follow TMC student news posts on Twitter @MulgraveCitizen or on Instagram mulgravecitizen

JOIN THE FORUM

Interested in politics and government? Read more about the leadership opportunity with the Forum for Young Canadians

G7-10 PASSPORT LAUNCHED!

The G7-10 MY (MYP Middle Years) Passport has been launched for the 2018-2019 school year.  What is Passport? It’s your ticket to real-world experiential learning outside the classroom.

MY Passport Google Classroom Codes:

Join G7 Passport: q556pha
Join G8 Passport: j0c70yc
Join G9 Passport: rc41wu
Join G10 Passport: 1duucrj

We are also always looking for ways to make Passport more meaningful, effective and relevant to students. You may want to consider joining MTIC our new Mulgrave Technology Integrations Council leadership team. Check TMC or you Mulgrave email for invitations to apply to join the team!

MY PASSPORT STARTUP DEADLINES:

All of this information is also hosted in the Passport Google Classroom. Here are two things you need to start on now:

1. Passport Goals: to be completed by Oct 10 2018. Please post and update goals on an ongoing basis throughout the year as you engage in the experiences of Passport. Speak to your Advisor teacher for due dates specifics in your Advisory.
  2. Passport Profile: to be completed by Oct 10 2018. This should be completed/updated for 2018. Please see overview here or speaker to your Advisor teacher
Find out more about upcoming Passport deadlines via your MY Passport Google Classroom (sign up codes posted below) or check out Passport Hub here — both spaces have all the resources you need including the MY Passport Guide, the Student Passport Sites page and Important Passport Deadlines. If you have any questions check in with your let me know. Happy Passporting!
Antony Wilson
Head of Global Engagement and Service Learning

GEx PLANS ARE BREWING!!

Get ready to check out the G8-9 GEx expedition package and our new  Senior GEx programme coming soon in TMC.

CLUB & LEADERSHIP MEETINGS START NEXT WEEK!

Club and leadership schedules are under review and the final plan will be coming out soon as we finalized the best structure and meeting times across strands. Stay tuned!

Got a great idea for a club, activity, leadership initiative, social good project for Mulgrave or beyond? Want to launch a social entrepreneurship venture? Need support or resources? Submit your proposal to the Start Up Lab or join the Start Up Lab meetings for support. Details coming soon!

Looking for a creative and cultural experience to get engaged on the North Shore?

#Volunteer @WestVanMuseum. Check out the TMC post here.

Read more here

Get involved in leadership in WestVan. Check it out here on TMC.

Are you ready to change the world? Did you do “good” last year? The online application for WE Day Vancouver 2018 open to students in G7-10 is coming out next week on TMC. Sign up fast if you want to go.

VOLUNTEER @ THE WEST VAN LIBRARY!

CONTACT:  Roseanne Hinmueller, Teen Volunteer Coordinator   PHONE:  (604) 925-7408
EMAIL:  rhinmueller@westvanlibrary.ca FAX:  (604) 925-5933
WEBSITE:  www.westvanlibrary.ca
VOLUNTEER TITLE:  Teen Advisory Group (TAG) Member or Teen Volunteer

VOLUNTEER ACTIVITIES:  Participants are 12 – 15 members in Grades 8 – 12 who live and go to school on the North Shore and are willing to commit to participation from September to June. TAG meets once a month for about 1.5 – 2 hours TAG members contribute to the library through: Writing book, magazine, and graphic novel reviews; helping with the selection of teen books, music, magazines, and movies for the library; being  spokespersons for teens in the community; getting involved in library programs and helping to promote them; other ideas as suggested by you!

Work in a team to assist with library tasks. Activities include: Book Buddies: Help children improve their reading skills in a fun and encouraging environment. Duties include: Assisting children with reading; providing feedback for children; encouraging and helping children to feel more confident with their reading skills; and taking attendance of children with whom they read. Library Volunteer: Duties include: Shelf reading (making sure books are in the correct order); labeling books; fronting books; shelving paperbacks; special projects such as assisting with youth programming, cutting, painting, book washing, etc.

MINIMUM AGE:  13

Contact Antony Wilson awilson@mulgrave.com if you have questions.

Democracy Café is North Shore Community Resource’s platform for all types of citizen engagement in democratic life including learning about local, provincial and federal government, electoral reform, voting and how citizens can participate in public life to make their democracy better

Email: murray.mollard@nscr.bc.ca Phone: 604-985-7138

VOLUNTEER ACTIVITIES: Volunteer will be assisting with event management, community outreach school workshops, performing research and more
TRAINING AVAILABLE: Training provided by Democracy Cafe
REQUIREMENTS: Must have an interest in democracy and politics

Democracy Cafe MINIMUM AGE: 15 years old & up

VOLUNTEER @ THE NORTH VAN SEYMOUR FISH HATCHERY

Seymour Salmonid Society (Seymour River Fish Hatchery), North Vancouver

CONTACT: Reece Fowler, Volunteer Coordinator
EMAIL: volunteering@seymoursalmon.com
MINIMUM AGE: 15 (younger with parental supervision)

Join thousands of Canadians to protect our aquatic ecosystems against shoreline litter with the Great Canadian Shoreline Cleanup: the largest conservation-based cleanup program in the country. Cleanups are organized by volunteers for volunteers.

Read more here

Check out the first meeting and tryout dates for Mulgrave fall start up teams below. Contact the coach if you have questions. GO TITANS GO!! Click here.