GRAD XMAS TREE SALE ON SAT DEC 1
December 1st is the annual Grad Christmas Tree Sale and Winter Wonderland! Join in the holiday fun with a visit with Santa, carolling and other holiday activities. Be sure to pre-order your tree, wreaths and poinsettias so you can deck your halls and start December off in style. Click here for info and a link to the order form.
UNICEF BENEFIT CONCERT ON SAT DEC 1
Students Augustin W and Lily Y host their eighth annual classical music concert to benefit UNICEF. Funds will raised through entrance (by donation) and silent auction will assist those affected by the typhoon and landslide in the Philippines. Click here for the concert poster.
CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THE ZOOM WINNERS!
Congrats to all of the participants in the ZOOM 48-Hour Film Festival. We’re so proud of all the Mulgrave participants! An extra shout out to our three award nominees: Empty Milk Cartons, Max Attacks and Iridescent.
Congratulation Tessa R G10 and all the other teacher and student participants of the “Bold to be Bald” campaign in support of BC Children’s Hospital! To support Tessa’s on-going fundraising efforts, please click here!
MIDDLE & SENIOR GEx UPDATES
- G8-9 GEx Parent Meeting #1: Nov 27, 2018: 7.00-8.00pm
- G1-12 Senior GEx Guide Release: Fri Nov 30
- G10-12 Senior GEx Overview Parent Information Session: Mon Dec 3 5.30-7.00pm
- G8-9 GEx Student Meeting #3 2.05-3.35pm
G7-10 PASSPORT GOALS UPDATE & FIRST REFLECTION ON EXPERIENCES NOW DUE
The G7-10 MY (MYP Middle Years) Passport goals and profile are due.
MY PASSPORT STARTUP DEADLINES:
All of this information is also hosted in the Passport Google Classroom:
- Starting NOV 30: Post final updates or revisions to your Goals after Progress Report #1; need help on how to develop your goals? In the Middle School, check out the following guidelines.
- Starting NOV 30: post your first set of CARL reflections to your Passport Academic and Projects and a minimum of 2 other selected learning domains. Make sure you categorize your posts appropriately
- OCT 10, 2018: Post/complete your updated Profile and Goals, including your Passport goals ready for Advisory Goal-Setting Conferences; continue to update your goals as the year progresses and as your goals unfold or change. See guideline on MY Passport goal-setting here.
- NOV 30, 2018: Post final updates or revisions to your Goals after Progress Report #1; post CARL reflections to your Passport Academic and Projects and a minimum of 2 other selected learning domains.
- JAN 30, 2019: Post CARL reflections to your Passport Academic and Projects and a minimum of 2 other selected learning domains.
- MAR 13, 2019: Post CARL reflections to your Passport Academic and Projects and a minimum of 2 other selected learning domains.
- APR 24, 2019: Post CARL reflections to your Passport Academic and Projects and a minimum of 2 other selected learning domains.
- MAY 29, 2019: Post CARL reflections to your Passport Academic and Projects and a minimum of 2 other selected learning domains. G7-9 post reflections based on your GEx experiences.
Want to be a Big Buddy for Mulgrave Mentors?
This year we are also running a Mulgrave Big Buddies programme with Admiral Seymour Elementary school in East Van which involves Mulgrave students visiting the school regularly and being “big buddies” helping in the classroom. If you would like to participate in Backpack Buddies or the Big Buddies programmes, you need to get your Advisory involved in Backpack Buddies first. Ask your teacher if he or she is signed up for Backpack Buddies this year and offer to be a leader to help facilitate the programme in your Advisory. Engagement and help with Backpack Buddies is a ticket in for the Big Buddies and then we can send you.
If you want more information about joining in on this programme, please contact Tara M G11 firstname.lastname@example.org.
VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES WITH SENIORS
The following health and supportive living centres offer a variety of youth opportunities for Senior School G10-12 students who want to get volunteer experiences in healthcare and social services in support of seniors. Please contact them to find out more or check out the overviews of various programmes in the North Shore Volunteer Directory here.
Capilano Care Centre
A long term care services and residence for seniors
CONTACT: Alana Amaroso, Volunteer Coordinator
PHONE: (604) 926-6856 ext. 331
Lynn Valley Care Centre
Lynn Valley Care Centre is North Vancouver’s newest state-of-the-art Complex Care facility dedicated to providing a comprehensive range of programs and services. Our focus is on individuals and meeting their unique needs through appropriate activities, care and support.
CONTACT: Leslie Cyment PHONE: (604)-988-4181
Got a great idea for a club, activity, leadership initiative, social good project for Mulgrave or beyond? Want to launch a social entrepreneurship venture? Need support or resources? Submit your proposal to the StartUp crew here.
We’re gearing up for our 25th Anniversary celebrations in December. If you have any photos of Mulgrave or Mulgravians over the years that you’d like to share, please upload them to this folder. Many thanks! If you didn’t receive an invitation to the big birthday bash on December 20th, please send us a note and we’d be glad to email one to you