SPIRIT WEEK 2019 COMING SOON…
This year’s Spirit Week 2019, from March 11-15, is all about making change in our own backyard! We are focusing on raising awareness and engagement on important issues and barriers faced by communities in our Downtown Eastside DTES, including the effects of opioid crisis, mental health and homelessness. We also celebrate the local people and organizations making change and changing lives in the DTES. We are also supporting the UN #Global Goals: #1 No Poverty #3 Good Health and Well Being #11 Sustainable Cities and Communities
Throughout the week, we will be raising awareness and funds to support the great work of the following organizations:
Hope you had a chance to order your Spirit Week gear. If not we will have some extras hoodies and socks for sale during the week, plus lots of Hives for Humanity bee products from lip balm to honey. Stay tuned for more detail including how you can order your Spirit Week Lunch from an Eastside supporter “Save On Meats” (SOM)!
For more information, please contact Zoe K or Christie Y G11 email@example.com.
MIDDLE & SENIOR GEx UPDATES
- Senior GEx Registration Overdue: See GEx G10-12 Senior GEx Guide for more information.
- Next Middle GEx Student Meeting: Feb 28 @ LEAP
G7-10 PASSPORT MID-YEAR REFLECTIONS ON EXPERIENCES DUE STARTING JAN 30
The G7-10 MY (MYP Middle Years) Mid-Year Passport reflections are due stating Jan 30. All of this information is also hosted in the Passport Google Classroom:
- JAN 30, 2019: Start posting CARL reflections to your Passport Academic and Projects and a minimum of 2 other selected learning domains.
- MAR 13, 2019: Post CARL reflections to your Passport Academic and Projects and a minimum of 2 other selected learning domains.
- APR 24, 2019: Post CARL reflections to your Passport Academic and Projects and a minimum of 2 other selected learning domains.
- MAY 29, 2019: Post CARL final reflections to your Passport Academic and Projects and a minimum of 2 other selected learning domains. G7-9 post reflections based on your GEx experiences.
Want to be a Big Buddy for Mulgrave Mentors?
This year we are also running a Mulgrave Big Buddies programme with Admiral Seymour Elementary school in East Van which involves Mulgrave students visiting the school regularly and being “big buddies” helping in the classroom. If you would like to participate in Backpack Buddies or the Big Buddies programmes, you need to get your Advisory involved in Backpack Buddies first. Ask your teacher if he or she is signed up for Backpack Buddies this year and offer to be a leader to help facilitate the programme in your Advisory. Engagement and help with Backpack Buddies is a ticket in for the Big Buddies and then we can send you.
If you want more information about joining in on this programme, please contact Tara M G11 firstname.lastname@example.org.
Got a great idea for a club, activity, leadership initiative, social good project for Mulgrave or beyond? Want to launch a social entrepreneurship venture? Need support or resources? Submit your proposal to the StartUp crew here.