This year’s Spirit Week 2019, from March 11-15, is all about making change in our own backyard! We are focusing on raising awareness and engagement on important issues and barriers faced by communities in our Downtown Eastside DTES, including the effects of opioid crisis, mental health and homelessness. We also celebrate the local people and organizations making change and changing lives in the DTES.
And we are also supporting the UN #Global Goals: #1 No Poverty #3 Good Health and Well Being #11 Sustainable Cities and Communities.
Throughout the week, we will be raising awareness and funds to support the great work of the following organizations:
HOW CAN YOU SUPPORT OUR EASTSIDE CAMPAIGN?
- Buy Spirit Week Merch in the cafeteria @ lunch – hoodies, socks and local honey, candles and honey lip balm from Hives for Humanity. If you ordered an Eastside hoodie, you can pick it up on Friday at lunch in the cafeteria. *HOODIES can be worn throughout Spirit Week as a substitute for the Mulgrave uniform shirt ONLY. You must still wear the rest of your uniform except on Friday if you join the civvies day for a toonie.
- Order products from Hives for Humanity to support the Eastside here or below in this post: honey, lip balm and candles! (see order form below too)
- Buy a Spirit Week JAPADOG Lunch here or in the order form below in this post.
- Participate in our Arts Council Eastside CityScape Art Installation for a loonie. Add a bee for $1.
- Sign up to participate in MSAC’s Gotchya in the cafeteria
- Bring in a toonie and you can wear Vancouver BLUE GREEN AND WHITE Civvies on Fri Mar 15
For more information, please check your emails for updates from Zoe and Christie in G11.