Are you interested in becoming a member of one of our youth committees for the 2018/2019 school year?
COMMITTEES YOU CAN BE A PART OF:
Youth Advisory Committee (YAC) | Grades 8-12
- Interested in civic engagement, community leadership, and local government? Get involved with the YAC!
Youth Programs & Opportunities for Wellness & Recreation (Youth POWR) | Grades 8-12
- Youth POWR focuses on assisting with the development of health and wellness programs, initiatives and opportunities for youth in our Community Centres.
Whatever Youth Committee | Grades 8-12
- The Whatever Youth Committee helps raise community awareness and plans and promotes activities and events for LGBT*QI2S youth and allies. *Applications accepted throughout the school year
Student Work & Advisory Team (SWAT) | Grades 8-12
- Learn leadership skills, communication strategies, civic responsibility, cultural awareness, and policing methods in conjunction with the West Vancouver Police Department. A separate application through the West Vancouver Police Department is also required.
Preteen Advisory Committee (PAC) | Grades 6 & 7
- Interested in making a difference in your local community? Join our new preteen committee to learn valuable leadership skills and to assist with the development of programs and events for preteens in West Vancouver.
Teen Advisory Group (TAG)
- The West Vancouver Memorial Library’s TAG meets monthly to provide input and feedback on library services for teens. For meeting dates, visit the West Vancouver Memorial Library website.
Youth Committees Application Form (check for 2018-2019 form here)
Please download, fill in and return the application form to Melanie Clark, Youth Program Coordinator by
Or drop-off your application at the West Vancouver Community Centre, 2121 Marine Drive (attn: Melanie Clark).
Please note that you are welcome to express interest in joining more than one committee; however, some committees do have a cap on the maximum number of members.
Please let Mr. Wilson know if you’re joining the committee so we can track the ways that our students are engaged in our community!