Please click here for next year’s G7 Student Leadership Application. Read below for more details:
- Mulgrave G7-9 Middle School Student Leadership Common Application 2020-2021 school year
“Leadership is everybody’s business” and, once again, it’s that time of year to make leadership your business by applying for a major leadership opportunity in the Upper School next year.
Check out the leadership application process below:
PLEASE NOTE: While we strongly encourage school engagement across the strands, applying for a major leadership role at Mulgrave is optional and there are so many other engagement opportunities students may consider in school and beyond across the strands.
WHAT DO I NEED TO DO TO APPLY?
- READ OVERVIEWS: Check out the major student leadership team overviews and promotional videos here: Middle School Leadership Overviews. Check out all the leadership video overviews and student testimonials to help you make your decisions!
- PICK TWO TEAMS: Select two teams you’d like to join; you can rank selections as your first and second choice in the application;
- WRITE A LEADERSHIP APPLICATION PARAGRAPH: Your Grade 6 Homeroom teachers will guide you on what this should look like. Expect that you will be asked to express “why” you want to be involved in leadership in the Middle School. You should also have an opportunity to demonstrate what you have done or what you want to do by sharing some of your experiences or expressing your aspirations at school and beyond. This is what the selection team will look at as a part of your application review;
- SUBMIT APPLICATION FORM: Complete the application here by Jun 12 at the latest: Mulgrave Middle School Student Leadership Common Application 2020-2021
G7 APPLICATIONS DUE DATE FRIDAY JUNE 12 BY 5PM
FOCUS ON ONE LEADERSHIP TEAM
Please note students can select two leadership options in the application, but the general expectation is that a student should be engaged in no more than one major leadership opportunity. There are also many other kinds of leadership opportunities at Mulgrave and beyond in athletics, arts, service, outdoor education, co-curricular clubs and more. If what you see is not exactly what you’re interested in, please check out other opportunities shared in town halls, assemblies, newsletters, announcements, and via posts on TMC.
If you have any questions about the process or teams after reviewing overviews and applications, please ask the faculty advisor for the team that you’re applying for or fire me an email. If you require more information about the general leadership application, please contact Antony Wilson, Head of Global Engagement and Service Learning, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Good luck to all candidates!
Head of Global Engagement and Service Learning