You have discussed, reviewed, written, and recited poetry; now it’s time to demonstrate your learning with an analysis of a text of your choice from the selection of poems we have read or Poetry in Voice.
Here’s what you will do:
- REVIEW: Pearl
- Review the Poetry Analysis Guide here
- Review the Sample Poetry Analysis of “Growing Up” below using this framework
- Select your poem option for analysis from Poetry in Voice or our poetry package
- RE-READ/REVIEW: Read your poem again! Mark it up as a hard copy. Highlight quotes you like or you think might use.
- Use the Poetry Analysis Guide to create notes and plan an outline
- FIRST DRAFT: Develop your plan using the framework below and start writing your draft; submit outline/draft in Google Classroom according to your teacher’s deadlines/requirements.
- REMEMBER: EMBED QUOTATIONS: you must integrate or embed quotations as evidence in your paper. Please review how to do the four main quotation integration techniques here.
- FEEDBACK & FINAL REVISION: You will get feedback from me on your plan/draft. Review and revise. Finish your good copy and submit in Google Classroom according to your teacher’s deadlines/requirements.
Here is your poetry analysis assessment!