Term One Reflection
NAME: Raiyana Alibhai
1. Balanced is the LEARNER PROFILE attribute that best describes me because I do a variety of commitments in all areas of CAS. Some examples are MPS, band and swimming. I also work hard in my academics and always try my hardest in all subject areas. I try my best in everything I do. If I am weaker at one area than another, I try to learn from mistakes and do better next time.
2. the most important thing I learned this term was to use my time wisely and stay organized because there are so many different subjects in the middle, I always need to stay on top of things and be organized and I need to know my due dates for all the homework and assignments.
3. My major service commitment is volunteering at my mosque. I decided to be part of this commitment because I already go to mosque once or twice a week and I already have been volunteering at the mosque since Grade 1 or 2. The most valuable skill I have learned to put other people’s needs in front of yours.
4. List the action commitments you have participated in or are participating in:
At school Outside of school
Volleyball synchronized swimming
Basketball speed swimming
5. My favourite action commitment is synchronized swimming because I am able to practice figures and be with my friends. We also do team routines in the summer. Last year our theme was Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. This year as a challenge, my friend and I are going to do a duet. When you do a duet, you and your partner needs to make the whole duet alone and independently and the coaches’ job is to make constructive criticism about the routine.
6. My major creativity commitment is band. From this commitment, I have learned how to play my clarinet better with better tone.
7. Reflect on your MYP Core academic classes:
(How do you think you did and why; make sure to add the level you think you might achieve and your effort level?)
I think I would get a 5E in Social Studies because I have handed in all my work on time and I have worked hard in all my projects.
I think I would get a 5E in English is because I read a lot which improves my vocabulary and because I am a creative writer.
I think I would get a 5E in math is because I study for tests and I always do all the homework assigned.
I think I would get a 6E in science is because I have worked really hard on my lab report for science fair and I have been putting a lot of effort into this subject especially because it is one of the newer subjects that we didn’t have in junior school.
Lang B 5S
I think I would get a 5S in French is because I pay attention in class and I study for tests/quiz’s.
I think I would get a 5E is PE is because I participate in all the activities and I never forget my uniform.
I think I would get a 6E in DT is because I put effort into each and every one of the DT stages. I got a six in my first DT project as well.
Performing Arts 4S
I think I would get a 4S in performing arts is because I don’t have much confidence in front of groups of people.
8. Reflect on one academic goal you set at the beginning of the year. Were you successful? Why or why not?
I do not think I have accomplished my goal because I haven’t been doing any public speaking in English lately.
9. A passion that I have is synchronized swimming and hanging out with family.
In order to continue to pursue this passion I will need to: continue to be committed to practices and try my hardest and to finish homework quickly on the weekends.